- Carry your valuables close to your person, in a money belt, pouch or inside pocket.
- Keep cash and credit cards separate.
- Keep your money, credit cards, traveler’s cheques and passport on your person or in the hotel security box (though you will need your passport on you if you want to cash cheques during the day). Your outside pockets and handbags make easy pickings for pickpockets and bag snatchers, especially in crowds.
- Remember to collect your valuables from the security box before you leave each hotel.
- Do not wear conspicuous jewelry or flash large amounts of money.
- Don’t leave bags unattended in airports or other public places, and don’t accept packages from strangers.