- Get your packing done early so you can rest for a day or two before leaving, especially if you are travelling to the Holy Land from the other side of the world.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- On the flight, drink plenty of water but go easy on coffee or alcohol. Don’t eat more than you need.
- Be sure to get some exercise by walking up and down the plane occasionally or exercise the muscles of your lower legs, swirling your ankles around from time to time to keep the blood circulating.
- Graduated compression flight stockings sold by pharmacies are recommended for long flights.
- Try to sleep on long flights. Close the blinds wear an eye mask and ask for a pillow.
- When you arrive at your destination, sleep according to the local time.